Monday, January 7, 2019

We're League Champs - by Landry

This year, the Burnett Middle School girls became league championship in basketball. It is the first time that the girls basketball has won since 1998. I am super proud of how I performed and I am super proud of how hard my teammates worked.


In the championship game, my grandparents came out to Bret Harte Middle School to watch us win. I'm glad that they supported us and were cheering us on. They also came out to watch us play in the Eighth Grade All Star game.


These players you see here are the All Stars for 2018. They were all picked based on their performance during the regular season. Each team had 2-4 players and combined to make one team. Hoover, Bret Harte and Willow Glen were on one team and Burnett (me), Castillero and John Muir were on another team.

Unfortunatley we lost the All Star game but its okay because we were just focusing on having fun together and playing with other new people. In the picture above, in between Kennedy and me, is our best friend Claudia. She plays for Hoover. We were all hoping that maybe we could finally play on the same team together but it didnt work out. So now we have to wait till next year when we are freshman at Lincoln High School.


These four girls you see here are the All Stars from Burnett. It is Alina, Kennedy, Iliana and me.

I believe we were picked because we showed the most hard work and skill to help us get through the season. The four of us are also the starters for our Burnett team.

Overall, I am so proud of the way that this team got through the season and won the championship. It took a lot of determination (and yelling) but that is what a championship winning team has to do. At the end of the season we realized that we were all just one big family and being champions was just a small part of our great journey!


By: Landry Schoennauer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Michelle Obama - by Kennedy

Michelle Obama is the former first lady and was married to President Barack Obama. She is such an inspiration to almost everyone around the ...