Thursday, August 23, 2018

Yes, I'm a Runner! By Landry


I’m Landry and I’m 13 years old. For the last two years, I’ve been an Ambassador for the Biofreeze San Francisco Marathon and last year I was an Ambassador for the Biofreeze Berkeley Half Marathon. I’ve played competitive soccer with Santa Clara Sporting since I was seven years old and at my middle school, I play five sports: cross country, soccer, basketball, volleyball, and track. And I just finished a year as Student Body Vice President.




I started running when I was four. My mom would run half and full marathons and when she reached a certain spot, I’d run across the finish line with her. I always thought it was funny when people would say, “That little girl just ran a half marathon!” The bummer was that my mom never let me take the medal that volunteers handed me because she said I needed to earn it.



Fast forward to two years ago when I was eleven. I finally decided I’d run a half marathon (and we convinced my dad that I wouldn’t get hurt). I trained with the Run365 program when I wasn’t playing soccer on weekends. This past July, I finished my 9th half marathon in the last two years.



I always lay out my clothes before a race and take a picture of my invisible self. I really enjoy running with the Run365 team because they treat me like an adult and not like a 13 year old. Our team runs lots of races together, like Santa Runs and Turkey Trots.



I love running cross country and track at school because it’s fun to be with other runners who like the same things that I do. And it’s great exercise. I love being an Ambassador for the Biofreeze San Francisco Marathon because I’ve been told I inspire other runners and I can tell people about that race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Michelle Obama - by Kennedy

Michelle Obama is the former first lady and was married to President Barack Obama. She is such an inspiration to almost everyone around the ...