Monday, January 7, 2019

My Many Talents - by Kennedy

As many people know, I love playing sports. However, I never thought about golfing. My first time at a golf range was fun. We started off my driving the balls as far as we could. The farthest my ball went was 150 feet. After, we went to putt. This was a different and harder technique. I would say I'm somewhat good at golfing, but that's hard to say because I've only been once.


For three years, I've played the viola. The viola is a bigger version of the violin. The strings are deeper as well. I enjoy playing because I love the sound that comes out. My favorite song is called Sailor song. The main part in that song that I have is performing double stops. A double stop is when you play on two strings at a time. I can't wait to play more in the future.


Lincoln High School is a big performing arts high school. They have all types of electives involving performing arts. Since I am in orchestra and I am going to go to Lincoln, they invited me to Performing Arts Day. That day we selected three arts classes to participate in. My classes were stage combat, audition skills, and advanced orchestra. My favorite class was the orchestra class because we learned a new song called "Eleanor Rigby." This song is a very energetic song that I enjoyed playing in front of everyone at the end of the day. 


At our school, Burnett Middle, we perform a show every year. This years show was High School Musical.

I was Chad. Chad is the main basketball player. He is the captain of the Champions (East High School Wildcats). I had so much fun doing this show with all my friends. HSM was my favorite show that I've ever performed in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Michelle Obama - by Kennedy

Michelle Obama is the former first lady and was married to President Barack Obama. She is such an inspiration to almost everyone around the ...