Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Experience as a Youth Ambassador - by Kennedy


I was inspired to be a leader so I decided to be a Youth Ambassador for the Women's March on Washington program. With out this experience I wouldn't have been able to share my opinions about equality.


By being a youth ambassador, I was asked to speak at the Women's March on Sacramento and inspire other kids like me that "they can be the change they want to see in this world."



On our way to this march, I had to come up with some ideas for my poster. I came up with "I may be little... But I'm fierce" and my sisters sign said, "if you build a wall...my generation will knock it down."



Since there were so many people and police officers at the event I felt safe. My sister and I were hanging out with the police officer's and we were talking about there horses.


From the signs my sister and I had, we were stopped at least 200 times for groups of people to take pictures of us and ask us questions about how we came up with our signs.


By being a youth ambassador, I got an award and I had the opportunity to share my opinion. On stage I said my speech and received an award in front of thousands of people supporting me and cheering me on.


After my speech, I was really tired from all the pictures and talking so much, by sharing my opinions with others. While I was asleep, I was thinking about many things about the march, and if I didn't speak then I wouldn't have been able to be the change I want to see in this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Michelle Obama - by Kennedy

Michelle Obama is the former first lady and was married to President Barack Obama. She is such an inspiration to almost everyone around the ...