Wednesday, February 20, 2019

8th Grade Cross Country - by Kennedy


As many people know, cross country is a very hard sport. It requires energy and speed. With those two things, you are can be successful. The course that we regularly ran on was the hardest course in the state. It was located near Evergreen College.

At every meet, each school in San Jose Unified had around ten runners except for Burnett. We had only five athletes.


In every one of my meets, I ran to a 4th place finish. Everyone said that it was good, however I feel I should've done better, After every meet, I was exhausted. It was very hot at each meet and difficult to compete at.

At the county meet, I ended up getting 16th out of all middle school runners in all of Santa Clara County, which can be considered good.


As I said, this course is one of the hardest. This hill is a killer - it is pretty much straight up. To be successful, you need to be technical. By doing so, you need to have shorter strides and more pumping of the arms. That gives you better momentum to have more speed up the hill.


In my district, we have four of us who are on the same soccer team, Santa Clara Sporting. Bethany, Esme, and my sister Landry all competed in the same cross country finals at county. Bethany got 5th with a very fast time. Esme got 65th which was actually very good. Landry got around 45th which was alright and I got 16th which was pretty good. We all brought this speed out on the soccer field, which impresses our coach.


All of the athletes who participated in our cross country team included Landry, Nicole, Clarissa, Oscar, Ty, Jermaine, Connor, Leslie, Chloe, Noah, and Ethan. We had a fun and successful season that will never be forgotten. And my cross country career in middle school is now officially over!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Michelle Obama - by Kennedy

Michelle Obama is the former first lady and was married to President Barack Obama. She is such an inspiration to almost everyone around the ...